Saturday, December 13, 2008

"You do realize your proposition is ridiculous."

Kip's eyes lazily shut, opened. "I... I don't think so."

"But you want to eradicate glaciers."

"Yes."

"You don't find that ridiculous?"

"No. Do you?"

"I just said..."

The black woman's eyes bulged dangerously, like ripe, angry little grapes. Kip saw a little table, saw the ripe, angry little grapes on the table, saw a heavy little hammer smash and smush them. The white goo tasted like cranberries.

Kip thought that was odd.

"Look," he started, "glaciers are evil. You don't know them like I do. Have you ever even seen one?"

The bulge increased. "I... no."

"Don't you wonder what's underneath?"

"No."

"I think that is ridiculous."

An exasperated groan escaped the mulatto lips, and the grapes grew precariously larger. They're just about to pop, thought Kip. He'd been attacking them with his little hammer for just over a minute, now.

No comments:

Post a Comment